Big Green Turtle

Bob & Diannes' Adventures in the Big Green Turtle!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hicory & Granite Falls of S.C.

When I worked for American Airlines passengers would tell me about this area of S.C. to go shopping for furniture.  Well I had forgotten.
This area of the country is where 60% of our furniture is made! 
We went to the furniture outlets just to look.  It almost made me want to be back in a stick & brick house.  The furniture was beautiful.  Designs and quality I had not seen at our local furniture stores.   I am sure that before the economy tanked the prices were better, there are however, still some good buys.  One can see all the closed outlet stores.
I have not been able to find discount RV furniture of good quality.
I am fortunate in that my husband is a cabinetmaker and can make the work area we need in our rv.  I would however like the new sofa that I have seen in the Winnebagos'. I'm still looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment